When a disaster strikes, the main functions include:
- Communicating emergency information to all residents.
- Distributing emergency update flyers.
- Assisting residents with evacuation.
- Identifying residents most likely to need help after the disaster.
- Working closely with the Building Protection Team Leader.
Qualifications may include:
- Existing relationships with residents.
- Knowledge of informal social networks between residents.
- Ability to communicate with residents about health conditions.
- Ability to direct building staff.
A likely staff member to fill this role may be:
- Service Coordinator or other staff member who works closely with residents.
During the planning phase, the Resident Engagement Team Leader should:
- Instruct residents to complete the Resident Survey, collect completed surveys and determine the best method of gathering the information such as Excel, database or other.
- Distribute Your Go Bag Checklist and the Floor Captain Guide to residents. Consider hosting an event for residents to assemble Go Bags and follow up with residents interested in being Floor Captains.
- Review the Resident Flyer Guide with samples and templates. Determine how flyers will be distributed during a disaster.
- Review the Evacuation Tracking Sheet.
- Complete the Resident Services Contact List.
The Resident Engagement Team Leader takes all actions necessary to communicate with residents of an assigned building to optimize their preparedness.
This guide will help you create flyers to prepare residents for emergencies and to provide updates to residents before, during and after a disaster.
This survey gathers information to support your household in the event of an emergency.
This list provides contact information for emergency contractors and agencies to aid in residents’ disaster recovery.
This guide details the roles and responsibilities of Floor Captains that will manage activity among residents on the residential floors
Distribute a Go Bag list which contains what you’ll need if a disaster leads to an evacuation
This sheet allows you to track the evacuation of your residents.
Create your emergency preparedness communication with residents in advance of an event.