When a disaster strikes, the main functions include:
- Backing up vital records to a cloud server.
- Making sure staff have access to communications hardware.
- Restoring IT and telecommunications if interrupted.
- Enlisting the help of outside IT vendors as needed.
Qualifications may include:
- Strong technical skills in hardware and software.
- Familiarity with IT vendors if the organization’s IT functions are outsourced.
A likely staff member to fill this role may be:
- Chief Technology Officer or Office Manager who has IT responsibility.
During the planning phase, the IT Team Leader should:
- Review and customize the IT Equipment Inventory Worksheet to track critical equipment.
- Perform IT security assessments and test communications equipment.
- Complete the IT Continuity Checklist.
The IT Team Leader takes all actions necessary to ensure the continuity of communications technology and computer systems essential to organizational operations.
This checklist will help guide your actions in protecting critical IT and telecommunications equipment.
This worksheet will help you track your critical IT and telecommunications equipment.